Chiropractors also frequently treat the hips, knees and feet.
Each foot is made up of 26 bones, and damage to any one of them, or related muscles, ligaments or cartilage, can result in problems with the foot that may need attention from a trained professional to prevent long term damage.
Here are some tips for keeping your feet in good condition:
- You should inspect and feel your feet daily for cracks, corns and ulcers
- Toenails should be cut straight across, not too close to the skin.
- Take extra care when walking barefoot.
- A well-fitting shoe should not require a long and painful breaking in period.
- Pay good attention to your feet; changes and/or pain in the feet and ankles could indicate a more serious foot ailment or circulatory problem, so if in doubt, check with your chiropractor.